Friday, July 20, 2007

It hasn't happened for me yet...

When I started in the Network Marketing industry, I was a young mother with a single objective: stay home with my baby boy. Richard was 3 months old when I started my career with a Health and Wellness company.... he's turning 3 in October.... I still have to go to work....
I know you must be thinking. What is this girl doing? Isn't she tired of wasting time and money into this never ending quest? I know..... I've heard it a dozen times and said it to myself a thousand.......
But there's an actual logic to my madness.

My dad is an astute business man in a country with very limited resources. He started with nothing and made a name and a small little fortune for himself by working hard and smart.
I'll take his advice over any gurus... so anyways, one day I was really frustrated with the little progress that I was making in my own business, so I asked him how long it took for his main business to really take off and return a profit. I was shocked by his answer:
5 years!!!!

My dad owns a traditional business, a brick and mortar store, it took 5 years of him working a full time job, working day and night at his store and funding his business out of his own pockets before seeing a profit. .. 5 years!!!!
I later found out that statistics show that 5 years is the average for most businesses to turn a profit.

The misconception in Network Marketing ( fueled by mainstream advertising) is that it's quick and easy money. Supposedly Money flows in the minute you get in.

Why marketers feel the need to inflate their claims to ridiculous amounts, I will never comprehend.
As it is, Network marketing already sounds too good to be true.
What other business can you start with less than a $1000, work on a part-time basis
and have a reasonnable expectation of generating a 6-figure income with in 2-5 years?
What other business? I don't know of any. Do you?

My little brother (bless his heart) is a medical student. He spent 9 years studying, sweating over books and cadavers. He has yet to see a dime.
But what is the payoff? A six-figure salary right off the bat.
Has he earned it? You bet!
He's paid his dues, he gets to reap the benefits of his hard labor.
But it didn't happen overnight.... 9 years and a whole lot of school loans!

I don't know... all I know is that I'm sticking to it until I make it.
And I will, you watch...

No comments: